Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Old Favourites - Part 2

And in keep with the old old favourites theme, here in another of mine.
It started with two poems being run on the poetry site called the Wondering Minstrels ( http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrels/poems/1763.html and http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrels/poems/83.html) - one each by William Carlos Williams and F.J.Bergmann.
And then Anita and Rohit joined in too.
All the poems are reproduced below :

The Red Wheelbarrow
-- William Carlos Williams

so much depends
upon
a red wheelbarrow

glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.


"An Apology"
-- F. J. Bergmann

Forgive me
for backing over
and smashing your red wheelbarrow.

It was raining
and the rear wiper
does not work on
my new plum-colored SUV.

I am also sorry
about the white
chickens.


Inspired by 'An Apology'
by Anita. B

forgive me
for overtaking
and grazing
your red scooty

it was raining
and you were
at the blind spot of
my green scratched esteem

I am also sorry
about that guy
at the adyar signal.


Rohit's Reply
-- Rohithari Rajan

Forgive you?
I was in a hurry,
And that was a NEW scooty!

I was getting soaked
while you blindly (bull)dozed
in that ghastly green thing
(A blow, I say, to anyone's esteem)

But don't worry about that guy
I never really liked him anyway.

No comments: